hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Rohith Sharma K S <ksrohithsha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.3 RC2
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2016 01:54:44 GMT
+1 (non-binding)

- Downloaded source and built from it with native compilation.
- Installed 5 node cluster with HA enabled.
- Verified HA scenarios such as RM HA-RMRestart-RMworkpreserving restart while running MR
and distributed shell applications.

Thanks & Regards
Rohith Sharma K S

> On Aug 20, 2016, at 11:07 AM, Kuhu Shukla <kshukla@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> +1 (non-binding).- Downloaded tarball (source and binary)
> - Verified signatures.
> - Compiled, built source code and deployed on a single node cluster
> - Ran sample MR jobs (Sleep, Wordcount) and  some "hadoop fs" commands.
> Thanks a lot Vinod for your work on this release!
> Regards,Kuhu Shukla
>
>    On Friday, August 19, 2016 5:32 PM, Eric Payne <eric.payne1000@yahoo.com.INVALID>
wrote:

> Thanks, Vinod, for working so hard on each 2.7 release.
>
> +1 (non-binding)
>
> Here's what I did:
>
> - Built native
> - Installed on 3-node unsecure cluster
> - Configured 2 queues with 2 separate label partitions
> - Verified that a job will successfully run on the correctly labelled node by specifying
a non-default (but queue-accessible) label.
> - Verified that a distributed shell job would keep non-AM containers running across an
App Master attempt restart.
> - Verified that preemption happens as expected (sort of). I say "sort of" because about
twice as many containers were preempted as I thought should have been, but once the other
underserved app began to run, it stopped preempting. Also, it didn't preempt between 2 queues
with the same partition label. Partition preemption may not be supported in 2.7, so this is
probably also okay.

yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org; "mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org" <mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org>

at https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1046 <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1046>

> The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html.
I hosted this at http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC2/releasenotes.html <http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC2/releasenotes.html>
for your quick perusal.

> As you may have noted,
> - few issues with RC0 forced a RC1 [1]
> - few more issues with RC1 forced a RC2 [2]
> - a very long fix-cycle for the License & Notice issues (HADOOP-12893) caused 2.7.3
(along with every other Hadoop release) to slip by quite a bit. This release's related discussion
thread is linked below: [3].

<https://www.mail-archive.com/hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org/index.html#26106>
<https://www.mail-archive.com/hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org/msg26336.html>
<http://markmail.org/thread/6yv2fyrs4jlepmmr>