hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@effectivemachines.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] HADOOP-13341 Merge Request
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2016 16:22:49 GMT

Before requesting a merge vote, I'd like for folks to take a look at HADOOP-13341.  This branch
changes how the vast majority of the _OPTS variables work in various ways, making things easier
for devs and users by helping to make the rules consistent.  It also clarifies/cleans up how
the _USER variables work.  Probably worth while pointing out that this work is also required
if we ever want to make spaces in file paths work properly (see HADOOP-13365, where I'm attempting
to fix that too... ugh.).

Also, most of the patch is test code, comments, and documentation... so while it's a large
patch, there's not much actual code. :)

Thanks.