hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.3 RC2
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2016 14:59:58 GMT
+1 binding

Same as before, build and test runs against Slider and spark, using the mvn staged repositories.

I also tried a windows native build this time, but got rejected saying ZLIB wasn't found.
I don't think this is a regression, as I tried to rebuild Hadoop 2.7.2, and got the same error.
I think somehow my windows VM (Which does have ZLIB and the env vars set up AFAIK), has got
confused.

Has anyone else had a successful windows build/test run?

> On 18 Aug 2016, at 03:05, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I've created a new release candidate RC2 for Apache Hadoop 2.7.3.
>
> As discussed before, this is the next maintenance release to follow up 2.7.2.
>
> The RC is available for validation at: http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC2/
<http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC2/>

> The RC tag in git is: release-2.7.3-RC2

We should be voting on commits, not tags, as tags are moveable.

I'm assuming that this is commit #baa91f7c6bc9cb92be5982de4719c1c8af91ccff