hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Templeton <dan...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.3 RC0
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2016 16:18:29 GMT
I just downloaded the build tarball and deployed it on a 2-node
cluster.  It looks to me like it's compiled for the wrong platform:

# file /usr/lib/hadoop/bin/container-executor
/usr/lib/hadoop/bin/container-executor: setuid setgid Mach-O 64-bit
executable

I'm also seeing the no-native-libraries warnings.

Daniel

at https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/>

> The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html.
I hosted this at http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/releasenotes.html <http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html>
for your quick perusal.

> As you may have noted, a very long fix-cycle for the License & Notice issues (HADOOP-12893)
caused 2.7.3 (along with every other Hadoop release) to slip by quite a bit. This release's
related discussion thread is linked below: [1].

<http://markmail.org/thread/6yv2fyrs4jlepmmr>