hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Masatake Iwasaki <iwasak...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.3 RC0
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2016 15:04:25 GMT
Thanks for putting this up, Vinod.

+1 (non-binding)

* verified signature and mds of source and binary tarball
* built from source tarball on CentOS 6
* built site documentation
* deployed 3-node cluster with NN-HA and RM-HA, ran example jobs
* built rpms by using Bigtop, deployed 3-node cluster on docker and ran
smoke-tests of hdfs, yarn and mapreduce

Masatake Iwasaki

at https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/>

> The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html.
I hosted this at http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/releasenotes.html <http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html>
for your quick perusal.

> As you may have noted, a very long fix-cycle for the License & Notice issues (HADOOP-12893)
caused 2.7.3 (along with every other Hadoop release) to slip by quite a bit. This release's
related discussion thread is linked below: [1].

<http://markmail.org/thread/6yv2fyrs4jlepmmr>