hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@effectivemachines.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] The order of classpath isolation work and updating/shading dependencies on trunk
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2016 20:30:35 GMT

> On Jul 25, 2016, at 1:16 PM, Sangjin Lee <sjlee@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Also:  right now, the non-Linux and/or non-x86 platforms have to supply their own leveldbjni
jar (or at least the C level library?) in order to make YARN even functional.  How is that
going to work with the class path manipulation?

> First, the native libraries are orthogonal to this. They're not governed by the java
classpath.

> For those platforms where users/admins need to provide their own LevelDB libraries, the
only requirement would be to add them to the share/hadoop/.../lib directory. I don't think
we would ask end users of the clusters to bring in their own LevelDB library as it would not
be an end-user concern. I assume the administrators of clusters (still users but not end users)
would add it to the clusters. The classpath isolation doesn't really have an impact on that.

$ jar tf leveldbjni-all-1.8.jar | grep native
META-INF/native/
META-INF/native/linux32/
META-INF/native/linux32/libleveldbjni.so
META-INF/native/linux64/
META-INF/native/linux64/libleveldbjni.so
META-INF/native/osx/
META-INF/native/osx/libleveldbjni.jnilib
META-INF/native/windows32/
META-INF/native/windows32/leveldbjni.dll
META-INF/native/windows64/
META-INF/native/windows64/leveldbjni.dll