hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From rahul gidwani <rahul.gidw...@gmail.com>
Subject INotify and atime
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2016 21:17:57 GMT
I was testing Inotify locally and noticed that unless I save the FSImage I
can't get a MetadataUpdateEvent to get fired.

The test is pretty basic:

I setup a minicluster with
conf.setLong("dfs.access.time.precision", 1);

create a file (verify I get a EventType.Create)

I read that file and verify on the filesystem that the atime has changed
for that file.
I poll 1 minute for an event to get fired, nothing happens.
I save the namespace for that fsImage, the event gets fired and I get a
EventType.METADATA

Is this logic correct?  All the other events I have tested do not require
saving the FSImage to get fired, is the atime event handled differently
somehow?

thank you
rahul