hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Akira AJISAKA <ajisa...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>
Subject Re: [Release thread] 2.8.0 release activities
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2016 08:16:22 GMT
 > Also, the docs target (mvn package -Pdocs -DskipTests) is completely
busted on branch-2, I figured I have to backport a whole bunch of
patches that are only on trunk, and may be more fixes on top of that *sigh*

To fix this failure, HADOOP-12022 should be backported to branch-2 and
branch-2.8. I reopened the issue and rebased the patch.

Thanks,
Akira

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12334985

> Also, the docs target (mvn package -Pdocs -DskipTests) is completely busted on branch-2,
I figured I have to backport a whole bunch of patches that are only on trunk, and may be more
fixes on top of that *sigh*

> I’ll start pushing for progress for an RC in a week or two.
>
> Any help towards this, reviewing/committing outstanding patches and contributing to open
items is greatly appreciated.

> Thanks
> +Vinod
>
>> On Feb 9, 2016, at 11:51 AM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Sure. The last time I checked, there were 20 odd blocker/critical tickets too that’ll
need some of my time.

>> Given that, if you can get them in before a week, we should be good.
>>
>> +Vinod
>>
>>> On Feb 5, 2016, at 1:19 PM, Subramaniam V K <subru.vk@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Vinod,
>>>
>>> Thanks for initiating the 2.8 release thread. We are in late review stages
>>> for YARN-4420 (Add REST API for listing reservations) and YARN-2575 (Adding
>>> ACLs for reservation system), hoping to get them by next week. Any chance
>>> you can put off cutting 2.8 by a week as we are planning to deploy
>>> ReservationSystem and these are critical for that?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Subru

I¹m

And as I just