hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@altiscale.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop encryption module as Apache Chimera incubator project
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2016 15:58:52 GMT

	Why is this discussion taking place on hdfs-dev when other parts of Hadoop use encryption
code?  That alone makes me uncomfortable moving this code outside of the Hadoop umbrella.

	Also, since Yetus was invoked, it’s worthwhile pointing out that we had _many_ projects,
inside and outside the ASF, ask us about using the revamped toolset, many of whom were already
using an older version of test-patch. A wide audience was pretty much built-in on day one.