hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop encryption module as Apache Chimera incubator project
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2016 11:07:48 GMT

> On 3 Feb 2016, at 08:07, Chen, Haifeng <haifeng.chen@intel.com> wrote:
>
>>> [Colin] I do think there will be some challenges splitting this functionality
out into a separate jar, because of the way our CLASSPATH works right now.
> Yes, this challenges are common for shared libraries in Java. Just as you mentioned,
keeping API compatibility or using classpath isolation are two practical methods.

you can't isolate JNI. This is why NMs are moving to to a separate JVM for plugins - the Spark
1.6 shuffle is incompatible with Hadoop (currently: jackson)