hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@altiscale.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.4 RC0
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2016 16:37:24 GMT

> On Feb 9, 2016, at 6:27 PM, Junping Du <jdu@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Yongjun for identifying and proposing this change to 2.6.4. I think this is the
right thing to do and check for following releases. For 2.6.4, it seems unnecessary to create
another release candidate for this issue as we only kicking off a new RC build when last RC
has serious problem in functionality. The vote progress is quite smoothly so far, so it seems
unlikely that we will create a new RC. However, I think there are still two options here:
> Option 1:  in final build, adopt change of HDFS-9629 that only updates the footer of
Web UI to show year 2016.
> Option 2: skip HDFS-9629 for 2.6.4 and adopt it later for 2.6.5.
> I prefer Option 1 as this is a very low risky change without affecting any functionality,
and we allow non-functional changes (like release date, etc.) happen on final build after
RC passed. I would like to hear the voices in community here before acting for the next step.
Thoughts?

	I’d think having PMC votes apply to what is not actually the final artifact is against
the ASF rules.