hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Release thread] 2.8.0 release activities
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2016 23:53:42 GMT
Seems like all the features listed in the Roadmap wiki are in. I’m going to try cutting an
RC this weekend for a first/non-stable release off of branch-2.8.

Let me know if anyone has any objections/concerns.

Thanks
+Vinod

> On Nov 25, 2015, at 5:59 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Branch-2.8 is created.
>
> As mentioned before, the goal on branch-2.8 is to put improvements / fixes to existing
features with a goal of converging on an alpha release soon.

email, I updated the Roadmap wiki reflecting the same: https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Roadmap
<https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Roadmap>

>>> I plan to create a 2.8 branch EOD today.
>>>
>>> The goal for all of us should be to restrict improvements & fixes to only
(a) the feature-set documented under 2.8 in the RoadMap wiki and (b) other minor features
that are already in 2.8.

<mailto:vinodkv@hortonworks.com>> wrote:

> [...]
alpha release in the interest of