hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC2
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2016 21:43:54 GMT
Done with all the release-activities, the mirrors came back too. Sending out an announcement.

Thanks
+Vinod

at https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1027 <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1027>

>> The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html.
I hosted this at http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC2/releasenotes.html <http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html>
for your quick perusal.

>> As you may have noted,
>>  - I terminated the RC1 related voting thread after finding out that we didn’t
have a bunch of patches that are already in the released 2.6.3 version. After a brief discussion,
we decided to keep the parallel 2.6.x and 2.7.x releases incremental, see [4] for this discussion.
>>  - The RC0 related voting thread got halted due to some critical issues. It took
a while again for getting all those blockers out of the way. See the previous voting thread
[3] for details.
>>  - Before RC0, an unusually long 2.6.3 release caused 2.7.2 to slip by quite a bit.
This release's related discussion threads are linked below: [1] and [2].