hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Kihwal Lee <kih...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC2
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2016 17:15:09 GMT
+1 (binding)Checked out the source and built.Ran basic hdfs and mapred tests on a single node
cluster

Kihwal

      From: Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv@apache.org>
 To: Hadoop Common <common-dev@hadoop.apache.org>; hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org; yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org;
mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org
 Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2016 10:57 PM
 Subject: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC2

Hi all,

I've created an updated release candidate RC2 for Apache Hadoop 2.7.2.

As discussed before, this is the next maintenance release to follow up 2.7.1.

The RC is available for validation at: http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC2/

The RC tag in git is: release-2.7.2-RC2

The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org <http://repository.apache.org/>
at https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1027 <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1027>

The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html.
I hosted this at http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC2/releasenotes.html <http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html>
for your quick perusal.

As you may have noted,
 - I terminated the RC1 related voting thread after finding out that we didn’t have a bunch
of patches that are already in the released 2.6.3 version. After a brief discussion, we decided
to keep the parallel 2.6.x and 2.7.x releases incremental, see [4] for this discussion.
 - The RC0 related voting thread got halted due to some critical issues. It took a while again
for getting all those blockers out of the way. See the previous voting thread [3] for details.
 - Before RC0, an unusually long 2.6.3 release caused 2.7.2 to slip by quite a bit. This release's
related discussion threads are linked below: [1] and [2].

Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5 days.

Thanks,
Vinod

[1]: 2.7.2 release plan: http://markmail.org/message/oozq3gvd4nhzsaes <http://markmail.org/message/oozq3gvd4nhzsaes>
[2]: Planning Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 http://markmail.org/message/iktqss2qdeykgpqk <http://markmail.org/message/iktqss2qdeykgpqk>