hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC2
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2016 23:30:41 GMT
That's reasonable, especially if we don't take nearly as long for 2.7.3.  Note that there
are almost 50 JIRAs already committed to 2.7.3, so hopefully we'll have a plan for that soon.
+1 (binding) for 2.7.2 RC2.
Jason

      From: Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv@apache.org>
 To: mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org; Jason Lowe <jlowe@yahoo-inc.com>
Cc: Hadoop Common <common-dev@hadoop.apache.org>; "hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org" <hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org>;
"yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org" <yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org>
 Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2016 5:25 PM
 Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC2

The JIRA YARN-4610 links YARN-3434 as the one causing the breakage, and YARN-3434 already
exists in 2.7.1 itself. That categorizes the new issue as an existing bug.
If you agree with that sentiment, and given that there is a clear work-around, in the interest
of progress of 2.7.2 (we have spent > 2 months on this now), I’d like to move forward.
Please LMK what you think.
Thanks+Vinod