hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Mingliang Liu <m...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.3 RC0
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2015 22:08:14 GMT
+1 (non-binding)

1. Download the pre-built tar and check the validity
2. Configure and start a pseudo-distributed cluster
3. Run example grep MapReduce job locally
4. Operate the HDFS copying files from/to local directory
5. Check execution logs

All good. Thanks.

> On Dec 11, 2015, at 4:16 PM, Junping Du <jdu@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>

> Hi all developers in hadoop community,
>   I've created a release candidate RC0 for Apache Hadoop 2.6.3 (the next maintenance
release to follow up 2.6.2.) according to email thread of release plan 2.6.3 [1]. Sorry for
this RC coming a bit late as several blocker issues were getting committed until yesterday.
Below is the details: