hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Brahma Reddy Battula <brahmareddy.batt...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC1
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2015 17:55:12 GMT
+1 (Non binding)Downloaded source tarball Verified signatures and checksums Installed pseudo
cluster and 3 Node Ha Cluster Done Regression Test blocker Issues.Did some basic filesystem
operationsRan a pi, terasort, word count successfully

Thanks And RegardsBrahma Reddy Battula

mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org
> CC: vinodkv@apache.org
> Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC1
>
> +1 (binding)- Verified the signature/digest.
> - I've built the dist tree with the native support from the source.- Brought up a single
node cluster and ran a set of basic tests.

at https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/>

> The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html.
I hosted this at http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html for
quick perusal.

> As you may have noted,
>  - The RC0 related voting thread got halted due to some critical issues. It took a while
again for getting all those blockers out of the way. See the previous voting thread [3] for
details.
>  - Before RC0, an unusually long 2.6.3 release caused 2.7.2 to slip by quite a bit. This
release's related discussion threads are linked below: [1] and [2].