hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Akira AJISAKA <ajisa...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC1
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2015 08:59:36 GMT
+1 (binding)

- Downloaded source tarball
- Verified signatures and checksums
- Compiled and built a single node cluster
- Confirmed commons-collections is upgraded to 3.2.2
- Compiled Hive 1.2.1 and Tez 0.7.0/0.8.1-alpha using Hadoop 2.7.2 pom
successfully
- Ran some Hive on Tez/MRv2 queries successfully

On 12/19/15 02:24, Jason Lowe wrote:
> +1 (binding)
> - Verified signatures and digests- Spot checked CHANGES.txt files- Successfully performed
a native build from source- Deployed to a single node cluster and ran sample jobs
> We have been running with the fix for YARN-4354 on two of our clusters for some time
with no issues, so I feel confident that prior blocker is now fixed.

yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org; mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org

at https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/>

> The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html.
I hosted this at http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html for
quick perusal.

> As you may have noted,
>   - The RC0 related voting thread got halted due to some critical issues. It took a while
again for getting all those blockers out of the way. See the previous voting thread [3] for
details.
>   - Before RC0, an unusually long 2.6.3 release caused 2.7.2 to slip by quite a bit.
This release's related discussion threads are linked below: [1] and [2].