hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Release thread] 2.8.0 release activities
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2015 01:59:01 GMT
Branch-2.8 is created.

As mentioned before, the goal on branch-2.8 is to put improvements / fixes to existing features
with a goal of converging on an alpha release soon.

Thanks
+Vinod

I updated the Roadmap wiki reflecting the same: https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Roadmap <https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Roadmap>

>> I plan to create a 2.8 branch EOD today.
>>
>> The goal for all of us should be to restrict improvements & fixes to only (a)
the feature-set documented under 2.8 in the RoadMap wiki and (b) other minor features that
are already in 2.8.