hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Erasure coding in branch-2 [Was Re: [VOTE] Merge HDFS-7285 (erasure coding) branch to trunk]
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 18:08:01 GMT

> On 2 Nov 2015, at 23:11, Vinod Vavilapalli <vinodkv@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> Yes, I’ve already started looking at 2.8.0, that is exactly how I ended up with this
discussion on the state of EC.

> +Vinod
>

> On Nov 2, 2015, at 3:02 PM, Haohui Mai <ricetons@gmail.com<mailto:ricetons@gmail.com>>
wrote:

> Is it a good time to start the discussion on the issues of releasing 2.8?

Before rushing to release 2.8, people should be trying in downstream apps today,. As well
as identifying hdfs-client related issues, I've just discovered that the MiniYARNCluster has
added lots of stack traces (YARN-4330), and I'm sure there are other regressions.

It's generally not that hard to take a downstream project and try to build with a hadoop version
of 2.8.0-SNAPSHOT; compilation and classpath problems will show up immediately; unit test
regressions can be at least identified by switching between 2.7.1 and 2.8.0-SNAPSHOT.