hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Junping Du <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: continuing releases on Apache Hadoop 2.6.x
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2015 13:51:28 GMT
+1. Early Dec sounds too early for 2.6.3 release given we only have 18 patches since recently
release 2.6.2.
We should nominate more fixes and wait a while for the feedback on 2.6.2.

Thanks,

Junping
From: Vinod Vavilapalli <vinodkv@hortonworks.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:34 PM
To: yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Cc: common-dev@hadoop.apache.org; hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org; mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: continuing releases on Apache Hadoop 2.6.x

I see 18 JIRAs across the sub-projects as of now in 2.6.3. Seems like we will have a reasonable
number of fixes if we start an RC early december.

In the mean while, we should also review 2.7.3 and 2.8.0 blocker / critical list and see if
it makes sense to backport any of those into 2.6.3.

+Vinod

On Nov 17, 2015, at 5:10 PM, Sangjin Lee <sjlee@apache.org<mailto:sjlee@apache.org>>