hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] About the details of JDK-8 support
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2015 15:27:31 GMT

> On 13 Oct 2015, at 17:32, Haohui Mai <ricetons@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Just to echo Steve's idea -- if we're seriously considering supporting
> JDK 8, maybe the first thing to do is to set up the jenkins to run
> with JDK 8? I'm happy to help. Does anyone know who I can talk to if I
> need to play around with all the Jenkins knob?

Jenkins is building with JAva 7 and 8. all that's needed is to turn off the Java 7 build,
which I will  happily do. The POM can be changed to set the minimum JVM version -though that's
most likely to be visible to people building locally, as you'll need to make sure that you
have access to java 7 and java 8 JVMs if you want to build and test for both.

Jenkins-wise, the big issue is one I've mentioned before: the builds are failing an not enough
people are caring

https://builds.apache.org/view/H-L/view/Hadoop/job/Hadoop-Hdfs-trunk-Java8/488/

Please, lets fix this