hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Tsuyoshi Ozawa <oz...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Java 8 + Jersey updates
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2015 14:07:09 GMT
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your help.

> 2. it's "significant"

This change includes upgrading not only Jersey, but also its
dependencies like grizzly, asm, and so on.

>  I'll try to rebuild a YARN app (slider) with the patch to see how it fares

It helps us a lot. I'd like to suggest that the incompatibility
clarified here be described on release note of jira(HADOOP-9613).

- Tsuyoshi

On Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 10:34 PM, Steve Loughran <stevel@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-9613 covers the issue of updating Jersey
to 3.0 to cope with the move to Java 8

> 1. this is trunk
> 2. it's "significant"
>
> we've been frozen on an old version of Jersey with issues, known ones needing separate
threads to detect jersey startup failures, and putting off the Update-Jersey issue for 2-
years.