hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Nauroth <cnaur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Even after HDFS-2856 JSVC References are require..?
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2015 16:35:20 GMT
AFAIK, the majority of existing deployments still use jsvc to run a
secured DataNode.  It would be a backwards-incompatible change to remove
support for this deployment model.  For that reason, I would be -1 for
removing jsvc support, at least in the 2.x line.

It's something that could be considered for 3.x if we think the clean-up
benefit outweighs the incompatibility cost.  Before we do that, I'd prefer
to hear if end users are having success with the SASL deployment model.
Brahma, are you asking because you run clusters with the SASL approach?
If so, has it been working well?

--Chris Nauroth