hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Akira AJISAKA <ajisa...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>
Subject Re: Planning Hadoop 2.6.1 release
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2015 06:14:52 GMT
Thanks Vinod for creating the list!

 > @Akira, let’s sync up offline on how to take this forward in terms of
the release process.

Okay.

Thanks,
Akira

On 7/16/15 10:24, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli wrote:
> Alright, I’d like to make progress while the issue is hot.
>
> I created a label to discuss on the candidate list of patches: https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=labels%20%3D%202.6.1-candidate<https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=labels%20=%202.6.1-candidate>
>
> Next steps, I’ll do the following
>   - Review 2.7 and 2.8 blocker/critical tickets and see what makes sense for 2.6.1 and
add as candidates
>   - I haven’t reviewed the current list yet, the seed list is from this email thread.
Will review them.

start the release process. @Akira, let’s sync up offline on how to take this forward in
terms of the release process.

> Thanks
> +Vinod
>

> On Jul 15, 2015, at 1:12 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv@hortonworks.com<mailto:vinodkv@hortonworks.com>>
wrote:

> Got pinged on a recent thread on this one.
>
> As I mentioned there, I had many offline discussions re 2.6.1.
>
> The biggest problem I found offline was about what bug-fixes are acceptable and what
aren’t for everyone wishing to consume 2.6.1. Given the number of bug-fixes that went into
2.7.x and into branch-2.8, figuring out a set of patches that is acceptable for everyone is
a huge challenge which kind of stalled my attempts.