hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@altiscale.com>
Subject Jenkins precommit-*-build
Date Tue, 05 May 2015 21:59:51 GMT
TL;DR:

	Heads up:  I’m going to hack on these scripts to fix the race conditions.

====

	Presently, we have a pretty wicked race condition in the precommit scripts, namely writing
to a directory that is outside of Jenkins' workspace directory.  I’ve committed changes
this morning that should allow us to run test-patch.sh inside the source directory without
triggering rat checks, will survive a git clean, etc. so long as we use a Well Known Directory
for test-patch.sh’s tmp space.  That’s one half of the race condition.  The other half
is that now Jenkins needs to be configured to use this directory.  That requires changes in
Jenkins.

	I’ll be making the changes to the HADOOP precommit here in a bit.  I’ll kick off some
runs and watch for any issues.  If not, I’ll be syncing the HDFS, YARN, & MR pre commit
scripts. (right now, there are slight differences between them. Hooray!)

	Thanks.