hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Nauroth <cnaur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Non-HA rollback compatibility broken
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2015 16:14:06 GMT
Hello Andreina,

Thank you for reporting this.  Would you please go ahead and open a jira issue?  We'll definitely
need to do something to address this (either a code fix or a documentation update), so it
would be good to track it in jira.

Chris Nauroth
Hortonworks
http://hortonworks.com/

From: andreina j <andreina.j@huawei.com<mailto:andreina.j@huawei.com>>
Date: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 4:44 AM
To: "hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org>" <hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org>>
Subject: Non-HA rollback compatibility broken

Hi ,

In HA  while performing rollback , we use “hdfs namenode –rollback” which would prompt
user for confirmation.  ( Implemented as part of HDFS-5138)

For Non-HA , as per doc if we perform rollback using “start-dfs.sh –rollback” , then
namenode startup hangs ( As it tries to start namenode in daemon mode , hence will not be
able to prompt user for confirmation )

"main" prio=10 tid=0x000000000061d000 nid=0x3778 runnable [0x00007f5a573d8000]
   java.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.writeBytes(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.write(FileOutputStream.java:345)
        at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:82)
        at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:140)
        - locked <0x00000000c868f3b0> (a java.io.BufferedOutputStream)
        at java.io.PrintStream.write(PrintStream.java:482)
        - locked <0x00000000c868f390> (a java.io.PrintStream)
        at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.writeBytes(StreamEncoder.java:221)
        at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.implFlushBuffer(StreamEncoder.java:291)
        at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.flushBuffer(StreamEncoder.java:104)
        - locked <0x00000000c868f4e0> (a java.io.OutputStreamWriter)
        at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.flushBuffer(OutputStreamWriter.java:185)
        at java.io.PrintStream.write(PrintStream.java:527)
        - locked <0x00000000c868f390> (a java.io.PrintStream)
        at java.io.PrintStream.print(PrintStream.java:669)
        at java.io.PrintStream.println(PrintStream.java:806)
        - locked <0x00000000c868f390> (a java.io.PrintStream)

Shall we update the document to perform Non-HA rollback  using  “hdfs namenode –rollback
“ and then start namenode ? ( which would be  incompatible with previous version)
Please provide your feedback on this issue.

________________________________
Andreina J
华为技术有限公司 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
[Company_logo]

Phone:
Fax:
Mobile:
Email:
地址:深圳市龙岗区坂田华为基地 邮编:518129
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Bantian, Longgang District,Shenzhen 518129, P.R.China
http://www.huawei.com
本邮件及其附件含有华为公司的保密信息,仅限于发送给上面地址中列出的个人或群组。禁
止任何其他人以任何形式使用(包括但不限于全部或部分地泄露、复制、或散发)本邮件中
的信息。如果您错收了本邮件,请您立即电话或邮件通知发件人并删除本邮件!
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
by