hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Nauroth <cnaur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: libhdfs installation
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2015 04:48:15 GMT
Hello Abhishek,

You can build libhdfs from source by running mvn with the "native" profile
activated, as described in BUILDING.txt here:

https://github.com/apache/hadoop/blob/trunk/BUILDING.txt#L187-189

Pasting the content here for convenience:

Create binary distribution with native code and with documentation:

$ mvn package -Pdist,native,docs -DskipTests -Dtar

See the top of BUILDING.txt for a full list of the build pre-requisites
that must be installed on your machine.

Additional usage information on libhdfs is available here:

http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/LibHd
fs.html

Even though you're using Hadoop 2.3, I recommend looking at the current
version of the docs as shown in the hyperlink, not the 2.3.0 docs.  There
were several documentation fixes after 2.3.0, and those documentation
fixes are still relevant to the older version.  The only difference to
keep in mind when reading the documentation is that libhdfs was not
supported on Windows until version 2.6.0.

Chris Nauroth
Hortonworks
http://hortonworks.com/