hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Rabe <rabe-j...@t-online.de>
Subject How to make MiniDFSCluster available in tests in Hadoop's code base?
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2015 08:21:28 GMT
Hello,

I wanted to write a fix for MAPREDUCE-6320, and for this, I need a mini cluster for the tests.
The hadoop-mapreduce-client-core imports the hadoop-hdfs in the „test“ scope, but the
MiniDFSCluster is not present there, as it is in the „test“ sources of said module. What
grinds my gears is that when starting a new project and adding the hadoop modules as Maven
dependencies, the MiniDFSCluster indeed is available. So, what am I doing wrong and how can
I get it? Do I have to do an initial compile with a specific profile?

Regards,
Jens