hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Rabe <rabe-j...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: How to make MiniDFSCluster available in tests in Hadoop's code base?
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2015 18:54:19 GMT
Hello,

thanks for pointing this out. I added this dependency and it works as I expect it to.

> Am 19.04.2015 um 20:02 schrieb Steve Loughran <stevel@hortonworks.com>:
>

>> On 19 Apr 2015, at 09:21, Jens Rabe <rabe-jens@t-online.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I wanted to write a fix for MAPREDUCE-6320, and for this, I need a mini cluster for
the tests. The hadoop-mapreduce-client-core imports the hadoop-hdfs in the „test“ scope,
but the MiniDFSCluster is not present there, as it is in the „test“ sources of said module.
What grinds my gears is that when starting a new project and adding the hadoop modules as
Maven dependencies, the MiniDFSCluster indeed is available. So, what am I doing wrong and
how can I get it? Do I have to do an initial compile with a specific profile?