hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@altiscale.com>
Subject Re: IMPORTANT: testing patches for branches
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2015 20:30:41 GMT

Oh, this is also in the release notes, but one can use a git reference # as well. :) (with
kudos to OOM for the idea.)

On Apr 22, 2015, at 8:57 PM, Allen Wittenauer <aw@altiscale.com> wrote:

> More than likely. It probably needs more testing (esp under Jenkins).
>
> It should be noted that the code in test-patch.sh has lots of problems with branch-0,
minor, and micro releases.  But for major releases, it seems to work well for me. :)

> On Apr 22, 2015, at 8:45 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv@hortonworks.com>
wrote:

>> Does this mean HADOOP-7435 is no longer needed / closeable as dup?
>>
>> Thanks
>> +Vinod
>>
>> On Apr 22, 2015, at 12:34 PM, Allen Wittenauer <aw@altiscale.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Hey gang,
>>>
>>> 	Just so everyone is aware, if you are working on a patch for either a feature
branch or a major branch, if you name the patch with the branch name following the spec in
HowToContribute (and a few other ways… test-patch tries to figure it out!), test-patch.sh
*should* be switching the repo over to that branch for testing.

>>> 	For example,  naming a patch foo-branch-2.01.patch should get tested on branch-2.
 Naming a patch foo-HDFS-7285.00.patch should get tested on the HDFS-7285 branch.

>>> 	This hopefully means that there should really be no more ‘blind’ +1’s
to patches that go to branches.  The “we only test against trunk” argument is no longer
valid. :)