hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: How to make MiniDFSCluster available in tests in Hadoop's code base?
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2015 18:02:14 GMT

> On 19 Apr 2015, at 09:21, Jens Rabe <rabe-jens@t-online.de> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I wanted to write a fix for MAPREDUCE-6320, and for this, I need a mini cluster for the
tests. The hadoop-mapreduce-client-core imports the hadoop-hdfs in the „test“ scope, but
the MiniDFSCluster is not present there, as it is in the „test“ sources of said module.
What grinds my gears is that when starting a new project and adding the hadoop modules as
Maven dependencies, the MiniDFSCluster indeed is available. So, what am I doing wrong and
how can I get it? Do I have to do an initial compile with a specific profile?

> Regards,
> Jens

it's a standalone artifact now
<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
  <artifactId>hadoop-minicluster</artifactId>
  <scope>test</scope>
</dependency>