hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: 2.7 status
Date Sun, 01 Mar 2015 19:51:42 GMT
Hi Ravi,

Only one patch on that umbrella JIRA is PA. And others don't have patches. Are they being
actively worked on and can they get in a week or so? Given the delay in 2.7 already, does
it make sense to roll this umbrella over to 2.8?

Thanks,
+Vinod

On Feb 14, 2015, at 8:56 AM, Ravi Prakash <ravihoo@ymail.com> wrote:

> I would like the improvements to the Namenode UI be included in 2.7 too. HDFS-7588. All
the code is ready and we can try to get as much of it in as possible piecemeal.

wrote:

> 2 weeks from now (end of Feb) sounds reasonable. The one feature I would
> like for to be included is shared-cache: we are pretty close - two more
> main items to take care of.
>
> In an offline conversation, Steve mentioned building Windows binaries for
> our releases. Do we want to do that for 2.7? If so, can anyone with Windows
> expertise setup a Jenkins job to build these artifacts, and may be hook it
> up to https://builds.apache.org/job/HADOOP2_Release_Artifacts_Builder/
>

> someone will have to first fix MiniYarnCluster to come up on the ASF jenkins machines;
it currently fails with directory permission setup problems that may matter in production,
but not in test runs.