hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: Questions about HDFS federation
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 18:31:13 GMT
I would like to access the same file from hadoop-coc-1, and hadoop-coc-2
using HDFS federation.
Does anyone knows if it is possible to share namespaces between 2
Namenodes in a HDFS federation, so that I can access the same file from
different hosts?

Thanks,

On 03-03-2015 10:32, xeonmailinglist wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 1. The image below shows 2 YARN  instances using the same federation
> of clouds. Is this possible?
>
> 2. I have configured in 2 hosts (hadooop-coc-1, and hadoop-coc-2) a
> federation of HDFS. In the configuration, I have set a namespace in
> each host, and a single data node (see image). The service is running
> properly. You can check the output of the |jps| commands in [1].
>
> The strange part is that, when I list the files, they do not appear in
> hadoop-coc-2. You can check the output in [2]. Why this happens?
>

> hdfsfederation
>
> [1]: jps output
>
> |xubuntu@hadoop-coc-1:~/Programs/hadoop$ jps
> 21538 NameNode
> 21773 DataNode
>
> xubuntu@hadoop-coc-2:~/Programs/hadoop$ jps
> 2342 NameNode
> |

> [2]: hdfs dfs -ls / output
>
> |xubuntu@hadoop-coc-1:~/Programs/hadoop$ hdfs dfs -ls /
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: You have loaded library /home/xubuntu/Programs/hadoop-2.6.0/lib/native/libhadoop.so
which might have disabled stack guard. The VM will try to fix the stack guard now.
> It's highly recommended that you fix the library with 'execstack -c <libfile>',
or link it with '-z noexecstack'.
> 15/03/03 05:09:04 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library for
your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable