hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Ananth Gundabattula <agundabatt...@gmail.com>
Subject Symbolic links disablement
Date Thu, 25 Dec 2014 20:30:46 GMT
Hello All,

Happy holidays.

I was wondering if Symbolic links would be re-enabled anytime in the near
future ? https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-10020

I am using CDH VM and the moment I try to use the
FileContext.createSymlink() I get an error stating " Symbolic links not
supported" message ( UnsupportedOperationException ). The release notes
from CDH states that HADOOP-10020 is currently in the binary release.

Is there any expected time line for this feature to be put back into the
main trunk ? If it is already, could anyone point me to the hadoop release
that the symbolic link has been reenabled ?

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Ananth