hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Payne <erichadoo...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.0
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2014 23:08:30 GMT
+1
I downloaded and built source. Started local cluster and ran wordcount, sleep, and simple
streaming job.

Also, I ran a distributed shell job which tested preserving containers across AM restart by
setting the -keep_containers_across_application_attempts flag and killing the first AM once
the containers start.
Enabled the preemption feature and verified containers were preempted and queues were levelized.
Ran unit tests for hadoop-yarn-server-resourcemanagerRan unit tests for hadoop-hdfs
 Thank you,-Eric Payne

      From: Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com>
 To: "common-dev@hadoop.apache.org" <common-dev@hadoop.apache.org>; "hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org"
<hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org>; "yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org" <yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org>;
"mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org" <mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org>
 Sent: Monday, November 10, 2014 8:52 PM
 Subject: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.0

Folks,

I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.6.0 that I would like to see released.

The RC is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.6.0-rc0
The RC tag in git is: release-2.6.0-rc0

The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org at https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1012.

Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5 days.

thanks,
Arun

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE