hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From surendra lilhore <surendra.lilh...@huawei.com>
Subject Issue with DN and NN connection.
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2014 07:02:10 GMT
Hi all,

                I just found one issue in DataNode and Namenode connection. I am not sure
it is issue or not.

                Issue :

                                My one DN machine have two IP (float and private).
                                I have configured private IP in "dfs.datanode.address" .

                                But when my DN stated, it's using float IP for namenode communication.

                                Here 10.18.0.117 is private and 10.18.0.108 is float IP for
DN machine

                                  netstat -tanpl | grep 2394
                                [cid:image001.png@01CFD658.8B88ACD0]

In my namenode machine(10.18.0.114) for DN float IP /etc/hosts mapping is not there , so Datanode
registration is failing saying "not able to get DN hostname".

                                Logs from Namenode
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.protocol.DisallowedDatanodeException: Datanode denied communication
with namenode because hostname cannot be resolved (ip=10.18.0.108, hostname=10.18.0.108):
DatanodeRegistration(10.18.0.117, datanodeUuid=0ed5012a-7ef6-4b55-b87b-fec70296faa3, infoPort=25002,
ipcPort=50020, storageInfo=lv=-55;cid=myhacluster;nsid=1613974306;c=0)
       at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager.registerDatanode(DatanodeManager.java:806)
       at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.registerDatanode(FSNamesystem.java:4313)

                                My question is "why DN is using float IP for Namenode communication
?", it should use private IP only because in  "dfs.datanode.address" I have configured private
IP.

Thanks & Regards
Surendra

This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended