hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Assume Private-Unstable for classes that are not annotated
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2014 21:54:32 GMT
Hi devs

As you might have noticed, we have several classes and methods in them that
are not annotated at all. This is seldom intentional. Avoiding incompatible
changes to all these classes can be considerable baggage.

I was wondering if we should add an explicit disclaimer in our
compatibility guide that says, "Classes without annotations are to
considered @Private"

For methods, is it reasonable to say - "Class members without specific
annotations inherit the annotations of the class"?

Thanks
Karthik