hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: hadoop-2.5 - June end?
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2014 19:07:52 GMT
Folks,

 I'd appreciate some help here. Due to family reasons (all good ones), I'll be away for a
couple of weeks. Can someone else pick up the RM duties for hadoop-2.5? Maybe Andrew since
he's expressed interest in the past? I will pick up the thread again for hadoop-2.6, but I
don't want to block hadoop-2.5 due to my non-availability.

thanks,
Arun

On Jun 9, 2014, at 9:39 AM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> As you can see from the Roadmap wiki, it looks like several items are still a bit away
from being ready.

> I think rather than wait for them, it will be useful to create an intermediate release
(2.5) this month - I think ATS security is pretty close, so we can ship that. I'm thinking
of creating hadoop-2.5 by end of the month, with a branch a couple of weeks prior.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE