hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From "Arun C. Murthy" <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Change by-laws on release votes: 5 days instead of 7
Date Sat, 21 Jun 2014 17:36:56 GMT
Uma,

 Voting periods are defined in *minimum* terms, so it already covers what you'd like to see
i.e. the vote can continue longer.

thanks,
Arun

> On Jun 21, 2014, at 2:19 AM, "Gangumalla, Uma" <uma.gangumalla@intel.com> wrote:
>
> How about proposing vote for 5days and give chance to RM for extending vote for 2more
days( total to 7days) if the rc did not receive enough vote within 5days? If a rc received
enough votes in 5days, RM can close vote.
> I can see an advantage of 7days voting is, that will cover all the week and weekend days.
So, if someone wants to test on weekend time(due to the weekday schedules), that will give
chance to them.

mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org
> Subject: [DISCUSS] Change by-laws on release votes: 5 days instead of 7
>
> Folks,
>
> I'd like to propose we change our by-laws to reduce our voting periods on new releases
from 7 days to 5.

> Currently, it just takes too long to turn around releases; particularly if we have critical
security fixes etc.

> Thoughts?
>
> thanks,
> Arun
>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure
or forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your system. Thank You.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE