hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.4.1
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 19:13:30 GMT

There is one item [MAPREDUCE-5830 HostUtil.getTaskLogUrl is not backwards binary compatible
with 2.3] marked for 2.4. Should we include it?

There is no patch there yet, it doesn't really help much other than letting older clients
compile - even if we put the API back in, the URL returned is invalid.

+Vinod

On Jun 16, 2014, at 9:27 AM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.4.1 (bug-fix release) that I would
like to push out.

> The RC is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.4.1-rc0
> The RC tag in svn is here: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.4.1-rc0

> thanks,