hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Vinayakumar B <vinayakuma...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: How patch for renamed file handled while committing?
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2014 07:49:59 GMT
Thanks for information Suresh,
I will explicitly mention while submitting such patches.

Regards,
Vinayakumar B

-----Original Message-----
From: Suresh Srinivas [mailto:suresh@hortonworks.com]
Sent: 12 February 2014 13:00
To: hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: How patch for renamed file handled while committing?

It is handled using svn rename command. There are times when committers do not notice this
and end up committing the patch as is. This ends up deleting the contents of renamed files,
leaving behind empty files. We had to cleanup such files sometime ago.

--
http://hortonworks.com/download/

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE