hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Cooper Bethea <co...@siftscience.com>
Subject persistent under-replicated blocks
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 20:00:37 GMT
Hi HDFS developers,

I have a worrying problem in a 2.0.0-cdh4.4.0 HDFS cluster I am running. 9
blocks in the cluster are persistently reported to be under-replicated per
"hdfs fsck".

I am able to fetch the files that contain these blocks, so I know that the
data is there, but for some reason replication is not taking effect. In
hopes of getting the cluster to notice that there were under-replicated
blocks I tried using "hdfs dfs -setrep" to raise the replication factor,
but the cluster continues to report a single replica for each of these
blocks. When viewing master logs I see that the replication factor change
is respected, but there are no messages that refer to the under-replicated
blocks.

Thanks for your time. Please let me know what I can do to investigate
further.