hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Issue with my username on my company provided dev box? (Was: ...)
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2014 16:43:02 GMT
The Apache Software Foundation takes branding seriously, we all know this.
Making an inquiry about a possible, and I believe unintended, mis-branding
issue involving Apache Hadoop artifacts is not a personal assault. The
hysterical responses here have been unprofessional and disgraceful, and
only serve to reinforce the notion people have outside your walls that you
can't be bothered to treat the larger community with respect. That is not a
petty issue I assure you.


On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 7:31 PM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:

>
> Stack,
>
>  Apologies for the late response, I just saw this.
>
> On Jan 29, 2014, at 3:33 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
>
> > Slightly related, I just ran into this looking back at my 2.2.0 download:
> >
> > [stack@c2020 hadoop-2.2.0]$ ./bin/hadoop version
> > Hadoop 2.2.0
> > Subversion https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common -r 1529768
> > Compiled by hortonmu on 2013-10-07T06:28Z
> > ...
> >
> > Does the apache binary have to be compiled by 'hortonmu'?   Could it be
> > compiled by 'arun', or 'apachemu'?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > St.Ack
>
>  Thank you for tarring all my work here with a brush by insinuating not
> sure what for using my company provided dev machine to work on Hadoop.
>
>  I'll try find a non-company provided dev machine to create future builds,
> it might take some time because I'll have to go purchase another one. Or,
> maybe, another option is to legally change my name.
>
>  Meanwhile, while we are on this topic, I just did:
>
>  $ git clone git://git.apache.org/hbase.git
>  $ grep -ri cloudera *
>
>  Should I file a jira to fix all refs including the following imports of
> org.cloudera.* (pasted below) ... can you please help fix that? There are
> more, but I'll leave it to your discretion. Compared to my username on my
> company provided dev. box, this seems far more egregious. Do you agree?
>
>  In future, it might be useful to focus our efforts on moving the project
> forward by contributing/reviewing code/docs etc., rather than on petty
> things like usernames.
>
> thanks,
> Arun
>
>
> hbase-client/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/AsyncProcess.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.Trace;
> hbase-client/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/ipc/RpcClient.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.Span;
> hbase-client/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/ipc/RpcClient.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.Trace;
> hbase-client/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/zookeeper/RecoverableZooKeeper.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.Trace;
> hbase-client/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/zookeeper/RecoverableZooKeeper.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.TraceScope;
> hbase-it/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mapreduce/IntegrationTestImportTsv.java:
>      org.cloudera.htrace.Trace.class);               // HTrace
> hbase-it/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mttr/IntegrationTestMTTR.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.Span;
> hbase-it/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mttr/IntegrationTestMTTR.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.Trace;
> hbase-it/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mttr/IntegrationTestMTTR.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.TraceScope;
> hbase-it/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mttr/IntegrationTestMTTR.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.impl.AlwaysSampler;
> hbase-it/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/trace/IntegrationTestSendTraceRequests.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.Sampler;
> hbase-it/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/trace/IntegrationTestSendTraceRequests.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.Span;
> hbase-it/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/trace/IntegrationTestSendTraceRequests.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.Trace;
> hbase-it/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/trace/IntegrationTestSendTraceRequests.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.TraceScope;
> hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/executor/EventHandler.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.Span;
> hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/executor/EventHandler.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.Trace;
> hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/executor/EventHandler.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.TraceScope;
> hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/io/hfile/HFileReaderV2.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.Trace;
> hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/io/hfile/HFileReaderV2.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.TraceScope;
> hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/ipc/CallRunner.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.Trace;
> hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/ipc/CallRunner.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.TraceScope;
> hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/ipc/RequestContext.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.Trace;
> hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/ipc/RpcServer.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.TraceInfo;
> hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mapreduce/TableMapReduceUtil.java:
>      org.cloudera.htrace.Trace.class);
> hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/master/handler/DisableTableHandler.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.Trace;
> hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/master/handler/EnableTableHandler.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.Trace;
> hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/MemStoreFlusher.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.Trace;
> hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/MemStoreFlusher.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.TraceScope;
> hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/ShutdownHook.java:
>      // cloudera 0.20.  0.21 and cloudera 0.20 both have hadoop-4829.  With
> the
> hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/ShutdownHook.java:
>      // on 0.21 or cloudera patched 0.20.
> hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/ShutdownHook.java:
>   * 0.21 and cloudera patched hadoop to make sure our shutdown hook handling
> hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/wal/FSHLog.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.Trace;
> hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/wal/FSHLog.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.TraceScope;
> hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/wal/RingBufferTruck.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.Span;
> hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/trace/HBaseHTraceConfiguration.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.HTraceConfiguration;
> hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/trace/SpanReceiverHost.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.SpanReceiver;
> hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/trace/SpanReceiverHost.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.Trace;
> hbase-server/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/trace/TestHTraceHooks.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.Sampler;
> hbase-server/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/trace/TestHTraceHooks.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.Span;
> hbase-server/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/trace/TestHTraceHooks.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.Trace;
> hbase-server/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/trace/TestHTraceHooks.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.TraceScope;
> hbase-server/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/trace/TestHTraceHooks.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.TraceTree;
> hbase-server/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/trace/TestHTraceHooks.java:import
> org.cloudera.htrace.impl.POJOSpanReceiver;
> hbase-shell/src/main/ruby/shell/commands/trace.rb:java_import
> org.cloudera.htrace.Sampler
>
>
> --
> Arun C. Murthy
> Hortonworks Inc.
> http://hortonworks.com/
>
>
>
> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to
> which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential,
> privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader
> of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
> any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure or
> forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
> received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately
> and delete it from your system. Thank You.
>



-- 
Best regards,

   - Andy

Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. - Piet Hein
(via Tom White)

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message