hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Issue with my username on my company provided dev box? (Was: …)
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2014 03:31:19 GMT

Stack,

 Apologies for the late response, I just saw this.

On Jan 29, 2014, at 3:33 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:

> Slightly related, I just ran into this looking back at my 2.2.0 download:
>
> [stack@c2020 hadoop-2.2.0]$ ./bin/hadoop version
> Hadoop 2.2.0
> Subversion https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common -r 1529768
> Compiled by hortonmu on 2013-10-07T06:28Z
>
> Does the apache binary have to be compiled by 'hortonmu'?   Could it be
> compiled by 'arun', or 'apachemu'?
>
> Thanks,
> St.Ack

 Thank you for tarring all my work here with a brush by insinuating not sure what for using
my company provided dev machine to work on Hadoop.

 I'll try find a non-company provided dev machine to create future builds, it might take some
time because I'll have to go purchase another one. Or, maybe, another option is to legally
change my name.

 Meanwhile, while we are on this topic, I just did:

 $ git clone git://git.apache.org/hbase.git
 $ grep -ri cloudera *

 Should I file a jira to fix all refs including the following imports of org.cloudera.* (pasted
below) … can you please help fix that? There are more, but I'll leave it to your discretion.
Compared to my username on my company provided dev. box, this seems far more egregious. Do
you agree?

 In future, it might be useful to focus our efforts on moving the project forward by contributing/reviewing
code/docs etc., rather than on petty things like usernames.

thanks,
Arun

hbase-client/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/AsyncProcess.java:import org.cloudera.htrace.Trace;
hbase-client/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/ipc/RpcClient.java:import org.cloudera.htrace.Span;
hbase-client/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/ipc/RpcClient.java:import org.cloudera.htrace.Trace;
hbase-client/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/zookeeper/RecoverableZooKeeper.java:import
org.cloudera.htrace.Trace;
hbase-client/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/zookeeper/RecoverableZooKeeper.java:import
org.cloudera.htrace.TraceScope;
hbase-it/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mapreduce/IntegrationTestImportTsv.java:
   org.cloudera.htrace.Trace.class);               // HTrace
hbase-it/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mttr/IntegrationTestMTTR.java:import org.cloudera.htrace.Span;
hbase-it/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mttr/IntegrationTestMTTR.java:import org.cloudera.htrace.Trace;
hbase-it/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mttr/IntegrationTestMTTR.java:import org.cloudera.htrace.TraceScope;
hbase-it/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mttr/IntegrationTestMTTR.java:import org.cloudera.htrace.impl.AlwaysSampler;
hbase-it/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/trace/IntegrationTestSendTraceRequests.java:import
org.cloudera.htrace.Sampler;
hbase-it/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/trace/IntegrationTestSendTraceRequests.java:import
org.cloudera.htrace.Span;
hbase-it/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/trace/IntegrationTestSendTraceRequests.java:import
org.cloudera.htrace.Trace;
hbase-it/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/trace/IntegrationTestSendTraceRequests.java:import
org.cloudera.htrace.TraceScope;
hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/executor/EventHandler.java:import org.cloudera.htrace.Span;
hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/executor/EventHandler.java:import org.cloudera.htrace.Trace;
hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/executor/EventHandler.java:import org.cloudera.htrace.TraceScope;
hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/io/hfile/HFileReaderV2.java:import org.cloudera.htrace.Trace;
hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/io/hfile/HFileReaderV2.java:import org.cloudera.htrace.TraceScope;
hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/ipc/CallRunner.java:import org.cloudera.htrace.Trace;
hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/ipc/CallRunner.java:import org.cloudera.htrace.TraceScope;
hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/ipc/RequestContext.java:import org.cloudera.htrace.Trace;
hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/ipc/RpcServer.java:import org.cloudera.htrace.TraceInfo;
hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mapreduce/TableMapReduceUtil.java:
 org.cloudera.htrace.Trace.class);
hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/master/handler/DisableTableHandler.java:import
org.cloudera.htrace.Trace;
hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/master/handler/EnableTableHandler.java:import
org.cloudera.htrace.Trace;
hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/MemStoreFlusher.java:import
org.cloudera.htrace.Trace;
hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/MemStoreFlusher.java:import
org.cloudera.htrace.TraceScope;
hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/ShutdownHook.java:      //
cloudera 0.20.  0.21 and cloudera 0.20 both have hadoop-4829.  With the
hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/ShutdownHook.java:      //
on 0.21 or cloudera patched 0.20.
hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/ShutdownHook.java:   * 0.21
and cloudera patched hadoop to make sure our shutdown hook handling
hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/wal/FSHLog.java:import org.cloudera.htrace.Trace;
hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/wal/FSHLog.java:import org.cloudera.htrace.TraceScope;
hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/wal/RingBufferTruck.java:import
org.cloudera.htrace.Span;
hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/trace/HBaseHTraceConfiguration.java:import
org.cloudera.htrace.HTraceConfiguration;
hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/trace/SpanReceiverHost.java:import org.cloudera.htrace.SpanReceiver;
hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/trace/SpanReceiverHost.java:import org.cloudera.htrace.Trace;
hbase-server/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/trace/TestHTraceHooks.java:import org.cloudera.htrace.Sampler;
hbase-server/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/trace/TestHTraceHooks.java:import org.cloudera.htrace.Span;
hbase-server/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/trace/TestHTraceHooks.java:import org.cloudera.htrace.Trace;
hbase-server/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/trace/TestHTraceHooks.java:import org.cloudera.htrace.TraceScope;
hbase-server/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/trace/TestHTraceHooks.java:import org.cloudera.htrace.TraceTree;
hbase-server/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/trace/TestHTraceHooks.java:import org.cloudera.htrace.impl.POJOSpanReceiver;
hbase-shell/src/main/ruby/shell/commands/trace.rb:java_import org.cloudera.htrace.Sampler

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

--