hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.2.0
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 14:45:26 GMT
+1 (binding)

- Verified signatures and checksums
- Deployed binary tarball to a single-node cluster and successfully ran
sample jobs
- Built source, deployed to a single-node cluster and successfully ran
sample jobs

Jason

On 10/07/2013 02:00 AM, Arun C Murthy wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.2.0 that I would like to get released
- this release fixes a small number of bugs and some protocol/api issues which should ensure
they are now stable and will not change in hadoop-2.x.

> The RC is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.2.0-rc0
> The RC tag in svn is here: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.2.0-rc0

> thanks,
> Arun
>
> P.S.: Thanks to Colin, Andrew, Daryn, Chris and others for helping nail down the symlinks-related
issues. I'll release note the fact that we have disabled it in 2.2. Also, thanks to Vinod
for some heavy-lifting on the YARN side in the last couple of weeks.