hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Kihwal Lee <kih...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.2.0
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 14:24:34 GMT
+1  Ran a set of tests against a single node cluster.

Kihwal

On Monday, October 7, 2013 2:02 AM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:

Folks,

I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.2.0 that I would like to get released
- this release fixes a small number of bugs and some protocol/api issues which should ensure
they are now stable and will not change in hadoop-2.x.

The RC is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.2.0-rc0
The RC tag in svn is here: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.2.0-rc0

The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org.

Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7 days.

thanks,
Arun

P.S.: Thanks to Colin, Andrew, Daryn, Chris and others for helping nail down the symlinks-related
issues. I'll release note the fact that we have disabled it in 2.2. Also, thanks to Vinod
for some heavy-lifting on the YARN side in the last couple of weeks.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

--