hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From "Yoonmin Nam" <rony...@dgist.ac.kr>
Subject About Block related classes in hdfs package
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2013 06:18:24 GMT
When we see the source code of hdfs especially FSNamesystem, there is so
many block related types are used such as Block, LocatedBLocks,
BlocksWithLocations. And this makes me very unclear about the system.

In addition, BlocksMap just maps Block and BlockInfo, but Block becomes
LocatedBlock with DatanodeInfo. With several locateBlock, these become
LocatedBlocks.

Also, Combining INode related classes with Block related classes makes me
unhappy.

Is there anyone who let me know about the motto of this kind of complex
structure of HDFS block management and give more specific and detail
information?

Thanks!