hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Milind Bhandarkar <mbhandar...@gopivotal.com>
Subject Re: A list of some HDFS benchmarks
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2013 18:14:26 GMT
Erik,

Very useful info. As you may know (saw the reference to BDBC in your page),
we are organizing fourth workshop on Big Data Benchmarking on Oct 9-10 in
San Jose (http://clds.ucsd.edu/bdbc/workshops/fourth_wbdb). In this
workshop, we hope to get closer to defining a definitive Big Data
benchmark. There have been several efforts underway, and we hope to bring
them together under the TPC umbrella. In particular, the most promising
candidate currently is BigBench (http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2463712).

It would be great if you could attend this workshop and present your views.

Thanks,

- milind

---
Milind Bhandarkar