hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wang <andrew.w...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Why is FileSystem.createNonRecursive deprecated?
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 23:09:27 GMT
Hi Ravi,

I wasn't around for HADOOP-6840, but I'm guessing it's deprecated for the
same reasons as primitiveCreate: FileSystem is supposed to eventually to be
supplanted by FileContext.

FileContext#create also has a more manageable number of method signatures
through the use of flags, and in fact defaults to not creating parent
directories. I believe MR2 also uses FileContext over FileSystem, so this
might be your best bet.

HTH,
Andrew